Youth Volunteer Corps
Highly motivated students between the ages of 12 and 18 are invited to participate in the exciting Youth Volunteer Corps (YVC) at Pearson Field Education Center, a property of The Historic Trust. Joining YVC is an opportunity for teens to explore the science and history of aviation, develop skills in leadership, time management, and connect with career and college opportunities while at the same time making a significant contribution to our community.
What you’ll get from the Youth Volunteer Corps
- Valuable job training experience to include in your resume and college application
- Work in a fun place as you have amazing learning opportunities with airplanes, the aviation community, and STEM leaders in our community
- Participate in regional STEM competition events
- Exclusive tours of local businesses, education programs and museums
- Satisfy school volunteer requirements
- Hang out with staff and volunteers who value intelligence, creativity, motivation and are supportive of each other.
- 12 to 18 years old
- Must complete orientation training prior to volunteering
- Willing to attend a monthly meeting in addition to 4 hours of volunteer service a month at Pearson Field Education Center
- Have a cheerful attitude towards kids, families and education center volunteers and staff
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.