Open Saturday Returns in September!
On August 20, Governor Inslee announced that museums and similar activities can now reopen, with limited capacity and enhanced health and safety requirements. Pearson Field Education Center will reopen on September 5th for 75 minute visits. To adhere to state guidelines, all guests must make a reservation online or by phone to attend Open Saturday.
Our team is making modifications to our facilities and operating procedures to help protect our visitors and staff. These include (but aren’t limited to):
- Online reservations to manage the total number of people in the Education Center at a single time
- Prepackaged hands-on STEM activities materials will be provided to reduce the spread of germs through surface contact
- Opening doors and windows to provide fresh air
- Adding signage to promote social distancing and hand washing
- Requiring masks for those who are able to wear them (more information about the statewide face covering requirements can be found here.)
- Providing hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility
- Implementing enhanced cleaning protocols
Entry fee is $7 for each individual age 6 and above. Thanks to a donation from iQ for Kids, iQ Credit Union’s non-profit fund, admission is free for those currently receiving SNAP food assistance benefits. Simply make your reservation and show your valid EBT card and photo ID at the front desk when you arrive. Valid for up to four individuals per EBT card.
Open Saturday will be a little different-, but we’re looking forward to having kids back to learn and play at PFEC. If you’d like to join us please make a reservation online by clicking the button below or by phone at 360-992-1818.
Let’s Take Flight!
Learn more about Pearson Field Education Center and the youth we serve. We are proud to provide STEM education in a challenging and unique environment, where kids are preparing their flight plans for the future.
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
– Leonardo da Vinci
Through aviation, we inspire youth to pursue education and careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) fields, while instilling an appreciation for the people, events, and innovations of historic Pearson Field.
- We envision Pearson Field Education Center as a nationally recognized model for experiential STEM based K-12 education, uniquely combined with the appreciation and inspiration provided by integrating the rich history of Pearson Field and the people and events that came before us.
- We envision Pearson Field Education Center and historic Pearson Field as the entry point to a thriving STEM/aviation cluster within a 100-mile radius of the oldest continuously operating airfield in the Pacific Northwest and one of the two oldest continuously operating airfields in the country. This includes locally available access to education at all levels, a healthy and growing family of STEM/aviation related businesses and the jobs they offer.